1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just curious... what side of the bed do you and your spouse sleep on ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenzoo, Jul 23, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I was watching a TV bed commercial and noticed a lot of the couples testing out a bed were routinely laying on the same side ( wife on one side, men on the other) mostly women on the right side, men on the left (if looking from foot of the bed)......, this is how it is at my house too..... so it got me thinking, what side of the bed do you sleep on? Do women sleep more on one side? Any reasons for it?

I know... too much time on my hands........ [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    In my bed, I favor the left side (looking from the foot of the bed). When I slept at my SO's bed, I slept on the right. I would change it (sometimes intentionally but mostly not) up some nights and annoy him. [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I sleep on the right side of bed because it is closer to the door and to the bathroom. Hubby has to climb over the foot of the bed, he does not have much space on his side against the wall. We have small narrow bedroom of a 1940's house which large bedrooms were not the norm for todays life LOL!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I sleep -always-on the side that does not have a door near it-farthest from a door! Boogie man gunna get me if I don't! [​IMG]

5. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Standing at he foot of the bed, I sleep on the left, he sleeps on the right. When he gets up in the mornings, I immediately roll to his side and take that side over [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The Princess sleeps on the left, and I sleep on the right-- until her snoring chases me away, and then I go and sleep in the guest room. This woman who for 40+ years was a silent sleeper has achieved world class snoring abilities these past 7 years. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. smarquis86

smarquis86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    i sleep on the left my wife sleeps on the right looking from the foot of the bed

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm surprised no one has said "the topside" yet. [​IMG]

Imp

9. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    I've always slept on the right side of the bed unless the bed has been up against a wall - then hubby gets that side. Always had babies to get up for

10. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Six kids later.....the SAME side, every chance we get! [​IMG] LOVE my guy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by