1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just duckin' around in NC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by olMcDonald, Mar 29, 2016.

1. olMcDonald

olMcDonald New Egg

Mar 29, 2016
    Dallas, NC
    Starting out small with 5 ducklings (3 Pekin, 2 khaki Campbells) our babies are about 3 weeks old. We are starting small but definitely planning on expanding in the near future! Excited to be here!

2. KCAmother17

KCAmother17 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2016
    NC
    I am in NC also. Small Town of Wendell. I just started with the chicken thing, and now I can't stop. I even got 2 ducks. I am amazed by these birds.

3. olMcDonald

olMcDonald New Egg

Mar 29, 2016
    Dallas, NC
    we love our ducklings, but I never thought something that small could produce such a mess! Lol. We are hoping to get some chickens next. It's nice to meet someone from NC on here!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome , for duck specific questions please post at the "Duck thread," just put that in the search box and it will take your there. Ducks and chickens are best raised apart, because ducks love water and splashing around and making quite a mess. Chicks and chickens do not like being wet. Young chicks can chill easily. Plus ducks are much more adept at covering everything with their poo.

On the other hand ducks have such beautiful expressive eyes and are so much fun to watch - people usually enjoy them just as much as chickens.

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us and congrats on your new ducks.

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by