Just filled the incubator! 1st try, wish me luck!:)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trunkman, Dec 20, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I just put 16 eggs in my new 1602 incubator, this is my first try ever, this is pretty exciting. [​IMG] Keep your fingers crossed. Temp was 99.5 degrees and humidity was 45 percent when I put them in. I can expect chicks in 21 days right? Kind of confused, saw a post that said 23 days. Anyway, here goes nothing, or should I say something. All I can do now is watch, woo hoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] can't wait! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] sending you alot of good luck vibes!

3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Good luck!!! Yes, 21 days for chicken eggs. Lockdown is Day 18.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Good luck [​IMG]

Chicks generally hatch in 21 days............but if the temp is low they can hatch late, if the temps are a smidge high they might hatch early. My bantams tend to hatch on day 19/20, while my large fowl are 21/22 days.

Have a batch in the bator now also - set this weekend - hatch Jan. 8th [​IMG]

5. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I circled the 10th for my hatch. The temp is 92 right now, but I'm sure that is because I just put cool eggs in the bator, I'll give it a few hours before I adjust the temperature, I'm sure since the thermometer is on top of the eggs it will read a little different than an empty incubator. Can't help but check it every 20 minutes... [​IMG]

6. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:DO NOT touch the temp [​IMG] [​IMG]

You are correct - it takes a bit for the "fresh" eggs to get up to incubation temp - give it time. With a full load - 46 eggs, mine can take almost 24 hours to get back to the right temp.

8. lotsachicks

lotsachicks Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    S. Texas
    good luck!!! We should be hatching just a few days apart, so I guess that makes you my hatching buddy![​IMG]

9. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:DO NOT touch the temp [​IMG] [​IMG]

You are correct - it takes a bit for the "fresh" eggs to get up to incubation temp - give it time. With a full load - 46 eggs, mine can take almost 24 hours to get back to the right temp.

I will wait till tomorrow at this same time, it's hard but I'll have all the patience I need, thanks for the tip! [​IMG]

10. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Sure does, lets keep everyone posted.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by