Just Finished my Bird Cage

Pidgey104

Cochins R Us
16 Years
Nov 10, 2007
Mooresburg TN
Just finished my bird cage for my Diamonds and finches.
I will be spilting the doves in pairs and the finches in pairs.
The cage is 6 feet tall, 6 feet long, and 2 feet wide.
It has 9 cages in it.
Ea cage is 2 ft X 2ft X 1 1/2 ft
Middle cages are smaller being only 18 ins wide.
Ea cage has a slide in tray so they won't be pooping on ea other LOL

I do have a ? though.
I'm going to be putting this cage in a open barn. What Tempatures can a diamond dove stand?
It don't get that cold around here in the 30s or 20s and thats about it.

What do you think?

4828_100_1276.jpg

4828_100_1278.jpg

4828_100_1279.jpg

4828_100_1277.jpg

Very nice!

I would think they need temps a bit warmer than that, but I don't know for sure. A guy that keeps finches in his barn locally heats the barn (not very much, but enough to keep water from freezing, etc) during the winter.

I know many people including me that keep their diamond doves outside year round, it is just under 30F right now. If I know it is going to get under 20F I will turn on a heat lamp for a bit.

I however wouldn't breed diamond doves in those cages, they should be bigger, the smallest I have bred in is a 36" long cage. When I tried in a 24" cage I ended up with doves that had the ends of the feathers broken.

Your birds will need protection from rain and drafts. If feathers get soaked, they lose their insulation properties. If you roof that cage unit (and provide some roof overhang to help protect the ones on the bottom row), then provide some windblock, your birds should do ok.

Quote:
Its going to be set in my barn which is 40 ft by 40 ft. So they should be good. I think ea cage is big enough for a pair in ea cage. Thought about useing the middle cages for finches since they are a little smaller.

Back
Top Bottom