Just finished new day tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by florida lee, May 13, 2011.

1. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    This new day time tractor is much lighter than the other tractor I built. this one is to be used during the day to get them out of the small brooder while they are still too small for the big tractor. Also something to put them in later when big tractor is being cleaned.
    This has two roost bars under the sun shade.

this tractor has two top doors, one on either side and an end door that will mate up with the door in my other tractor so I can expand the ground area allowed them. The handle will slide out so tractors can slide together.

Pictures of the new Day Tractor...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The small door on the right of this larger tractor will mate with the small door in the day tractor when handle is removed.
    [​IMG]

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow! That looks nice and big!

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Awesome build![​IMG]

Why is there wire on the bottom?
    I had one like that and my birds hated it. I removed the wire later when there weren't any predators coming close enough to the house to dig under it. They love it now. Dust bathing is fun for them and I find the dust bowls every time I mow![​IMG]

Also from others I have built the door on each end has been great until I want to gather them up. Maybe with yours fitting together in such a neat fashion you won't have the problems I have had.

I like the way it looks and is crafted. I believe you all will enjoy it, too.[​IMG]

4. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    I debated with my self about the wire fencing on the bottom, sometimes I leave during the day and leave my dogs out....they are great diggers. just to be a little safer I decided to try wire on the bottom, if it doesn't work I can always remove easy enough. wire on the bottom is just chicken wire with 1" holes. Side and top wire is hardware cloth.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I like the big handle. The tractor looks easy to move around.

6. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

7. werttyy

werttyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Build one for me will ya?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by