1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just Finished The Run Adding A Few Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by saddlebags, Oct 28, 2007.

1. saddlebags

saddlebags Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2007
    weatherford Texas
    Just finished this afternoon thought I would let u Guys tell me what you think..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Looks nice and roomy. Looks like you also buried the fencing which is a good idea. I also like the color. Great job!

3. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    hey, very nice!!!

4. lakecountychick

lakecountychick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    Great job. I like that the run is so big. I would bring a chair and set down and watch the chickens for a while every day. Cheep therapy as the bumper sticker says. [​IMG]

5. saddlebags

Sep 20, 2007
    weatherford Texas
    Thats funny because I told my G/F That I am going to build a bench to put in the center of the run So I can sit there and enjoy the chickens

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Looks great!

7. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Looks nice and very neat. I really need to paint my coops. Yours looks so much better.

I can't tell in the pics, but is the top covered to keep out flying predators ? Glad to see you buried the fence. It would also be a good idea to put hardware cloth along the bottom to keep varmints from reaching in and grabbing a bird. It also keeps the birds from sticking their head through the chain link.

8. saddlebags

Sep 20, 2007
    weatherford Texas
    Yes there is wire covering the top and I think I will have to do something at the bottom. A few of the birds have shown me how far the can stick there heads through the chain link :eek:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very nice! It's nice that you painted it. We always tend to start painting things at my house and then stop half way through.

Were did you get the chainlink from? It looks like you have sections there. Did you take apart a dog kennel or do they actually sell it in like rolls?

10. saddlebags

Sep 20, 2007
    weatherford Texas
    the chain link was given to me. its two 4 foot high pieces tied together with hog rings (crimped staples). I have been pretty lucky with the run all i had to buy was landscaping timbers and a few 2x4s.
    total cost was about 50 dollars.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by