Just finished up 25 dark cornish roosters

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Wooster Crazy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Wooster Crazy

Wooster Crazy In the Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    [​IMG] Had great luck with this breed, 12 weeks and 5-6 pounds live weight. Fed out on scratch n peck organic whole grain feed. Anyone else tryed this feed it is located in Wa. state?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. nivtup

nivtup Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Good to hear about the success, congrats.

Where is this feed available?

Thanks

3. SteveH

SteveH Songster

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    By any chance can we see pics of them, before and after pics would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks, SteveH

4. speedy2020

speedy2020 Songster

Jul 24, 2010
    Where did you get chick from? I live in Washington too and like to pickup some.

5. Wooster Crazy

Sep 10, 2011
    Hi, I got the feed at a local feed and grain store, after I reasearched feed online. They are located in Bellingham WA. (Western WA.)
    They have a web site and a search feature to find a local retailer. www.scratchandpeck.com
    [​IMG]

6. Wooster Crazy

Sep 10, 2011
    I got my chics from Mcmurray Hatchery, great chics.. I wish i could post pics but all my pictures are pet type picks which did not show body type although I have some butchered whole bird shots? I am hatching my own out this spring, the claim is the results will not be the same but my hubby and i are teating that therory bird size should be close iam a great stock picker<-- [​IMG] grew up around live stock for market. so i was in charge of that department. my hubby is good too in that area. So we will see if the speed of growth or end size differs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: