Just for Fun.. 1602 vs Octagon 20 Eco vs LG

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Baralak, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well folks, I have been known to give a lot of advise on incubating and hatching... Some of it rusty information, some current.. So here is what I have done.. I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco, but it has been a while on the rest.. SOOOO

I got a new 1605n with the turner... NO modifications.. no fans

AND to round it all.. The LG of course..

Since these are the ones most people get first, and most cost effective (besides building your own) solutions for the new hatcher.

I am awaiting some eggs that are being sent to me from a friend in-state.

I'm gonna split the eggs up between the 3 bators. And see what happens. I will have an online log of my status, that I hope to update daily.

I am going to as well, assemble and make notes on setup. Such as that dang wafer thermostat's instructions on the GQF instruction sheet.. uh... Vague.. and my 15 year old could write better instructions for the Brinsea. SO look for updates, pictures, and comments.

I can tell you that it won't start until after Monday.. I have my NPIP inspection that day!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG]

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well an update.. The LG decided it didn't want to work.. SOOOO it was returned and they didn't have another... So this will be a 1602 vs octagon 20 ego.. lol.. I plan on setting on Wednesday.. I have some eggs coming hopefully on Tuesday and I want to let them settle before I put them in the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by