Just For Fun! Can you guess what made these birds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jungleexplorer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Jungleexplorer

Jungleexplorer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop
    Breeding Mishaps, Mixes and What the heck is that!

This is just for fun. I thought I would show off some of my birds that I don't know where they came from. I bred one BBR AG rooster with nine AG hens of different colors (BBR, Wheaten, Buttermilk, BBB, Black) and ended up with a lot of cockerels that look like the father and hens that look like the mothers. But there are some that I have no idea where they got their colors. Here are some details that may help unravel the mystery of where these birds came from. I had a white rooster that I had for several years. I had only open top pens, so I gave him away when I decided to breed AGs, so the only rooster on my whole farm was the one AG bbr. Here is the rooster I gave away.

[​IMG]

I waited for one month after I gave him away before I started incubating eggs. Once my incubator (Genesis 1588) was full I started putting eggs under my broody hens. A few of my other hens jumped in the pen where I was breeding the AGs and laid eggs in the nest with the setters and they hatched them out with the other eggs. I know there were a couple of Rhode Island Red eggs and a few EE eggs that got hatched. But I want to make it clear, there was only one rooster on my farm, the AG bbr. So scroll down and take your best guess at what caused these guys and girls. Have fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I couldn't even start to be able to guess.
    All I know that those are some beautiful chickens.

I assume that AG stands for American Game!

I don't know what color you are calling Buttermilk, never heard that term used for color.

3. Jungleexplorer

Jungleexplorer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Abilene, Texas
    My Coop
    Yes AG stands for American Game.

BBR = Black Breast Red [​IMG] Hen[​IMG]

Wheaten = [​IMG]

BBB = Black Brested Brown [​IMG]

Buttermilk = [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. draye