Just for fun...guess the sex of this grey silkie.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shelleyb1969, Nov 2, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Here's a pic of my grey silkie, 11 weeks old. Anyone want to take a guess at the sex? [​IMG]

This is going to be one of my breeders in the spring, so either sex is just fine with me. I'll be posting pics of my black, white, and partridge silkie chicks as well, to see if anyone wants to guess those too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Interesting color.... no guess from me though.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Right now it's probably too early to tell. But if I HAD to guess, I'd say hen.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    roo would be my guess, but I would like to see a bigger pic of the first one

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:Would it help if I posted a zoomed in headshot?
    I just added another pic.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Looks like a Cockerel to me.

7. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I would say a splash cockerel.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:I would have thought splash too, but there is just something about the pattern that doesn't agree with me.....

Is he a splash, or from a mixed pen?

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Quote:I would have thought splash too, but there is just something about the pattern that doesn't agree with me.....

Is he a splash, or from a mixed pen?

Now that you say that, I agree with you. It has some pretty color though. I would lean toward mix.

10. Poulets De Cajun

There is just something about the pattern that I cant quite figure out. I dont know if its the amount of color behind the white, or the way the color is showing up, but I can't say "splash" right off the bat.

But needless to say, he is a very pretty color. I wouldn't mind having him for a yard ornament.....

and by him, I simply mean "the bird." I'm not even going to venture to guess what it is.... (although if I were too, I'd probably guess pullet)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by