Just for fun....what color will my mutt peeps be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicken-owner-31, Jan 22, 2011.

1. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    [​IMG]

Here is a lousy pic of daddy. He is a standard cochin crossed with something. He's blue with red on his back. (Not sure of the proper term, sorry!)

[​IMG]

Possible mamas are RIR or RIR/EE crosses. Pretty sure the solid color chick's mom was a EE/RIR cross because the egg was a light green (those hen are red with beards, pretty cool looking!) The other egg (the chipmunk colored chick) was brown.

What do you think they will be when they grow up?

(The Silkie was an attempt to see if it could "adopt" them. It didn't seem to mind the babies in the least, but the more I looked at it, the more I think it is a roo! [​IMG] So it went back outside and the babies are by themselves again. They didn't cry for it, so I think they are ok.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They do have a little bit of leg feathering like daddy! [​IMG]

2. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    I have mutts myself. the one with the stripes is almost always a roo and will look similar to daddy. the plain one will look like either of the suspected mamma's.

3. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Your EE chick will for sure be some shade of blue, you can see the blue coming out through the down feathers.

4. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    YAY for blue! I love blues! I can't wait to see what these babies grow up to look like. And hopefully at least one of them is a hen, I'm afraid it will be really hard to part with my first ever hatched babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by