Just for Fun

ChickNanny13

Enabler
10 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
Guess who laid which color egg ... Three are laying as of today, one is thinking about it. Green, Blue & Brown

Marron; WTG, 28wks, brown on right with dark collar
Ehu; WTG mix, 25wks, front brown w/black lacing
Kiko; TSC/Hoover EE, 23wks, with the tuff on head
Rojo; TSC/Hoover EE, 23wks, upper left corner

20220906_142910.jpg
0729 Quad:1.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going to guess Kiko has the blue, Ehu has the green, Marron has the brown, and Rojo isn’t laying yet. I love their names!
One out of 4 guesses correct ... I will post the answers later this week. Thank you, Ehu is Hawaiian for red, Marron is brown in Spanish, Rojo is red in Spanish, Kiko is spotted in Hawaiian & "be happy, hope" in Japanese.

Off-Topic - I lived on Oahu when I was in high school. My sister had a cat named Kiko. We thought it was funny that she had a cat named Spot. And then Star Trek TNG stole the joke. 😂

I'm going to guess:
Marron - Brown
Rojo - Green
Ehu - Blue
Kiko - not laying
One out of four correct ... Will be posting answers at the end of the week.

Was your sister's cat spotted? Maybe she just liked the sound of it. It's like my recent rescue, he's a brindle and I couldn't think of a name so thought I'd call him "Brindle". That didn't last, he wouldn't respond so came up with RC after many other ideas ... Just felt & sounded right, he responded. ***Rum & Coke's my Hubby's favorite evening drink ***

Marron; WTG, 28wks, brown on right with dark collar = Green
Ehu; WTG mix, 25wks, front brown w/black lacing = Blue
Kiko; TSC/Hoover EE, 23wks, with the tuff on head = Brown
Rojo; TSC/Hoover EE, 23wks, upper left corner = not laying yet

I expected Ehu (looks like a LegBar) to be the 2nd to lay & blue. Expected Ehu & Rojo to lay about the same time, with green or brown eggs ... They both had the smaller single combs ever but Ehu's turned into a modified "pea", now wondering if what we thought was a WTG mix is actually a WTB mix. Knew Marron would be the first to lay & green since for sure she's a WTG. Waiting for Rojo ...

There's Poquito "Serama" who lays her cream colored eggs. She's a single hatch that had health issues but healthy now. She lives in a section of the brooder in the patio.

Attachments

• 0729 Quad:1.jpg
    0729 Quad:1.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 0906 Eggs:2.jpg
    0906 Eggs:2.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 0618 Setting.jpg
    0618 Setting.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 0720 Eggs Jun - date.jpg
    0720 Eggs Jun - date.jpg