1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

JUST FOUND 10 EGGS!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kesaruh, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Kesaruh

Kesaruh New Egg

Oct 13, 2007
    Well I have two chickens, One big red one and one furry footed black (young) one, well the furry footed one has been spending alot of time next door by the aboundon building, and everytime she goes over there i cant find her, Today i found her, with 10 eggs!! tiny tiny eggs, are they still eddable? or should I toss these? My other chicken lays them in the chickencoop and we get hers daily, As far as we know this is moomoo's first 10 eggs.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    If they were mine I would not eat them....Toss them and try penning her in the coop for a few days til she knows where to lay....

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    is this the "roo" that laid eggs?

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If they are fertile you can move the nest and let her sit in a place where you have locked her in.

5. OkapisRule

OkapisRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2007
    Northern georgia
    I'm not sure about fertality, but you could do the candling thing and to tell if the eggs are bad because they're old, put them in water, and if they float, they're bad,and if they sink, they're good

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by