Just found my white rock dead

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 04SportsterChick, Sep 10, 2011.

1. 04SportsterChick

04SportsterChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I had six pullets that we got last April. Everything has been wonderful. I left today at 11 and saw them out in their coop and then left for mu sons hockey tourament. We got home about 7 and by them time we unloaded and settled in I went out to check on them. They were in the coop but there was something under the coop in the mud. Yes here is MD we have had so much rain the yard is all mud. So I went out and there she was up against the wood frame. I had to crawl under and she was already stiff. I have no idea what happened. The other 5 seem fine. I didn't see any wounds but it was getting dark and well I was just sad and a little grossed out that I put her in a bag in a box and figure tomorrow we will burry her. Wish I knew what happened...[​IMG][​IMG]

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I lost one today as well. It was the first one I've lost (except when I received the babies in the mail and a couple didn't make it). I'm so sorry - you get to love these creatures don't you? Big hugs!

3. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    sorry to hear

4. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww! So sorry to hear this news.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by