1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just found out about this place ......

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BorderKelpie, Mar 1, 2009.

1. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    and I'm extremly impressed. The very first discussion I read solved a puzzle that's been bugging me for a year. I now know that my Flower is actually an EE instead of the Araucana I was told she was. (Actually, I knew after I picked her up that she was not Araucana, and assumed Ameracana). I was trying to figure out why I was promised blue/green eggs and I've been getting pinkish beige. They are pretty, but not what I was hoping for. I since went back and got another hen (told Araucana, but she will have a tail once it grows back - poor little thing). Now I'm wondering if I was duped again. I love the hens so I guess it's ok, but I am a little disappointed since I am on very limited acreage and I really, really wanted blue eggs. Am I selfish? I'm keeping the ladies anyway, but I guess I will try really hard to find exactly what I'm looking for and smuggle them in :)
    Anyway, I'm a fan of chickens, I hope to someday have the perfect little flock of girls to lay pretty much all the colors. I mostly just get a really big kick out of seeing them do whatever it is chickens do in the yard, and I really enjoy my daily 'Easter Egg Hunt.' :)
    I am in the process of adding another coop area, just finished one, and ended up being given several frizzle babies that are currently residing in my living room and driving the dog insane lol (he deserves it!) so I guess I will need a bantam pen as well. Gee, darn the bad luck.
    Ok, so much for short and sweet. I am just thrilled that I found a place where I can learn all I can about my girls - Thank you!

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    [​IMG]

3. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    [​IMG]

check out some of the breeders on here. A lot are well known and you could have luck getting what you pay for from some of them-

Wayne
    n
    Tennessee

4. Hattie the Hen

Hattie the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there! WELCOME to the GREAT WORLD of BYC!! It's a great place for information and fun!

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG]

7. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Welcome,

You will find all you need to know right here, and make some really good friends too.

Jena. [​IMG]

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

9. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Welcome, and get ready to learn. Everyone in my area thinks anything that lays a blue/green egg is an Araucana also. And, don't try to tell them any different-- you'll start World War III, for sure. Just know that you know better, and chuckle silently........... :welcomePaula:)

10. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by