Just getting started.....kind of

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FiveAcres, Jun 13, 2011.

1. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    My grandfather had a number of different types of chickens when I was growing up and I loved spending the summers there taking care of them.... He had an orchard with fruits that I would cut up and feed to the chickens all day long.... I think it was even better because my grand dad would let me use a pocket knife that my mom would have probably used on us if she knew about it.... Anyways, fast forward 25 years and here I am....

I am a father of three (5,3, and almost 2) and have begun the homeschooling process. Being that I loved being around chickens when I was little, I am looking forward to getting into them again and look forward to the educational opportunities that will come with them on multiple levels...

I am just now starting to research the different coops and plans and will look to start planning and building by the end of the month... While my user name is Five Acres, that is my goal, not my present, so I am still bound by some constraints but not too much to keep me from having a coop [​IMG]

I cannot wait to get involved here and look forward to making lots of new friends and fellow enthusiasts!!

Keep gathering [​IMG]

Ty

2. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

4. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and welcome to BYC FiveAcres! You will find a lot of us Homeschoolers here and a lot of good info and help too,. Glad you joined!

[​IMG] from south Louisiana

5. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

6. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Thanks for the warm reception....from all of the posts that I have read so far, I can see why there are so many members and activity here....a great group indeed...

Ty

7. DebbyC

DebbyC New Egg

Mar 27, 2011
    [​IMG] Glad you joined!

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles