Just getting started, Northern IL

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Leighb72, May 7, 2019.

1. Leighb72

Leighb72 In the Brooder

May 1, 2019
    My girls can not wait to go see the chickens when they get home from school. Hope it lasts!
    1C816800-E802-498D-AD46-D20C58EABD12.jpeg cupcake.jpg eggs.jpg jersey giants and Big bird.jpg Lucifer.jpg maple.jpg MC on hat.jpg MC perch.jpg MC.jpg

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Enabler

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Chick-N-Fun and Leighb72 like this.
  3. Leighb72

Leighb72 In the Brooder

May 1, 2019
    Thank you I will. What part of IL are you from? How do I follow a thread?
    Heather

drumstick diva and cavemanrich like this.
  4. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Enabler

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Hi,,,, I'm from Melrose Park. Basically Chicago suburb. It is in my profile. Most members put their location, or General area in their profile, since it does make getting advice such as climate/weather related easier. For privacy concerns, many just put the State.
    To follow a thread is easy. Just go to thread and post a reply. Something like " Hi,,,, we are new here, just wondering if any one here has chickens like mine:thumbsup"" Or what ever question you may have about keeping chickens in our area:idunno. Or what ever other subject comes to mind. State threads discussions are not limited to chickens.

drumstick diva likes this.
  5. Leighb72

Leighb72 In the Brooder

May 1, 2019
    I think I have two sick chickens was wondering if you might be able to help I will send you a message with more details and pictures

drumstick diva and cavemanrich like this.
  6. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Enabler

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Post it on the Illinois thread. There are few members that are quite good at treating sick chickens with different conditions. I hang out there whenever new postings are posted.:thumbsup

drumstick diva likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: