Just getting started on our little flock!

joethemurse

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
Springfield, MO
Hello, just wanted to make my first post and show off my 4 week old chicks. I have 2 Ameracaunas, a buff Orpington, barred Plymouth Rock, crested polish, silkie, silver laced Wyandotte and a California white. My girlfriend took the task of naming them all. I hope to get some good advice on here
[/IMG]

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What a lovely pic you have posted, thanks for sharing with us. Those are some lovely breeds you have there. I have mainly polish and they are fab breed to keep. I would advise you to keep an eye on your polish and silkie to make sure the others don't bully them as they get bigger. They are often at the bottom of the pecking order and their crests can attract unwanted attention and pecking form other breeds. I'm more than sure you will get lots of great advice here, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks in the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome! You will love them! You get very attached very quickly, My babies are almost 3, started with 6, now have 5 sadly one got attacked by ? The Barred Rocks were the most curious and smart/sweet, the Buffs sweet but shy, my Wyandotte kind of a loner but beautiful! You will have to see if you have the same experiences! I spent so much time on this site in building my coop and every other question..ask away, these people are fabulous for real person advice!

You are gonna need a wire top on that brooder. When they start perching on the sides - sooner or later they fall or fly out and can't get back. The top will keep them inside and hopefully any pets OUT.

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard. It must be exciting times for you. I don't have the imagination to name my chickens - they are named by feather colouring and the bands on their legs
smile.png

I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as we all do.

Cheers
CT

Back
Top Bottom