1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just got 6 Seramas have ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RlgNorth, Oct 6, 2009.

1. RlgNorth

RlgNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    North Pole, ALASKA
    They are soo cute and I am already loving them but... my husband said to me last night what is their purpose in our flock. And I dont know lol thier eggs are going to be small right? and kindof to tiny to eat right? I told him they give our flock color HAHA cause honestly I dont know what thier purpose is. I have two babies in the house and one will roost on my finger and he will also sleep on my shoulder for hours so least they are nice!!

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    If they really need a job, get a couple of diapers and take them to nursing homes! I'm sure plenty of older folks would love something to remind them the "old days".

3. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Make bite sized pickled eggs! Or deviled eggs, either one. That's what I do when I'm not hatching...

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Love them! If they are show quality, you could breed and sell them.

5. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Pictures!

6. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I agree! Pics!

My DH says the same thing about EVERYTHING that I have, but all he really need to know that they make me Happy!

Tell yours that at least you dont have 100 or so of them! lololol There are worse things!

7. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    lol.. this reminds me of what my husband said when i first brought home my banties....

"that's not a chicken.. that's a nugget"

you guys are getting me in so much trouble... i keep finding all these new fun chickens that i want to get... these guys are super cute...

8. RlgNorth

RlgNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    North Pole, ALASKA
    I will post some pics on monday we are busy busy this weekend lol

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Show em breed them and love them

10. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:Men! The guys here do that too, and name them Dinner, Nugget, Cordon Bleu etc. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by