Just got 9 2 Week Old EE Pullets from Meyers!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by reesepoultry, Jul 26, 2010.

1. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    So I called meyers up today and asked if they had any female easter eggers in any of the boxes that they always have on there floor full of chicks for sale.
    They said yes come on up we have pullet ee's for $2.47 ea. So I drive up there (it's only 25mins from my house) and they have 2 week old EE pullets there for sale. She told me they keep flying out of the box. So she said if I bought all the 2 weekers she would give me a deal. So I brought home 9 EE Pullets 2 weeks old for $18.00 what a deal. She only charged me $2.00 a pullet. I am so happy. I will post pics soon. I just wanted some free rangers and fresh eating eggs.

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    What a great deal.

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    That is a great deal! I want to get some EE's next spring... [​IMG]

4. reesepoultry

Jul 4, 2009
    Just to think I almost drove to somebody elses house and bought unsexed ones for $4.00 each. I am so glad I called Myers instead.

5. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    wow! What a steal, AND you'll have wonderfully colored eggs!

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Yeah No doubt. Goodluck ! And for two bucks a peice [​IMG] They'll love being free ranged too

7. reesepoultry

Jul 4, 2009
    My kids wanted colored eggs. lol.... But I didn't want any roos, cause I let my silkies out to free range also and didn't want mutt chickens running around. We are just going to eat the eggs.

8. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Only 25 mins from the hatchery ..... oh,oh. That is just way too tempting [​IMG] I am sure there will be more good deals coming up, it is kind of the end of season .....

9. reesepoultry

Jul 4, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] Hubby don't know about these girls yet..... [​IMG]...... I always go get my stuff and just let him find them. I have learned not to ask first. [​IMG].....

I never buy any of my birds from hatchery's but these little girls are going to be just my pets. and make our breakfast on top of it. I don't plan on breeding them. I couldn't resist the colorful egg layers.

10. Forever Green

Forever Green Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    I bought 4 EEs, 2 Jersey Giants from Meyers all sexed as females..........got 2 EE hens and 2 EE roos/ 1 Jersey hen and 1 Jersey roo. I called them and they returned my money for the roo error, but I had too many roos in my flock and had to find them new homes. Hopefully, you will get all females. I think mine were about a week when I bought them. I kept one of the EE roos (Leo), he is truly gorgeous and very good natured, a little flighty, but super sweet when in the coop and calm. From my experience, sexing is definitely not a perfect science, but I love my birds anyway!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by