1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just got a new 1588, great service from Cutlers..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KYBOY, Jan 28, 2009.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    I just ordered a new 1588 with turner from Cutlers supply..I love these little incubators..I started out with LG's and the 1588 is just so much easier to use..Well less work to use anyway..I ordered it Monday..It showed up at my house today..Thats a two day turnaround from Michigan to Kentucky..Great service..[​IMG]

2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Way to go now get that baby fired up. I'm on day 7 with my quail eggs. I got a Hova Bator with forced air.[​IMG]

3. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    congrats I am so jelous I have had bators on my mind for a few days now and have anxiety today I must have one today. this is the one I see people recommend I know I have to have the turner or the hatch wont happen. I hope the farmers supply sells them if not Im making a miss prissy chick bator. then I need to try to find local eggs by tommorow before this fever or what ever it is [​IMG] gets worse and I order a sportsmans cabinet which I was so close to doing yesterday. what has come over me is this what happens in the winter while waiting for spring. I have several fish tanks I can put chicks in, I can bring chicks to the swap meet, yes I have myself convinced its going to be ok [​IMG]

4. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The Greenfield Farmers Co-op sells a couple different bators. I believe they have the Hovabator 1602 still air, and the next one up.... (can't remember the model #) and they had a package deal for a bator/turner. Though the ones I bought at Barn & Home basics was cheaper...I love the Farmers Co-op!

PS...

Jeff may be able to order the 1588 if they don't have it.....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  5. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    yes co-op is out of any with a turner but can order and have in a week big woop I can order and have in a week [​IMG] . so wheres this barn and home basics? I must have one today. My impatience is going to kill me. Im calling shelburne farmers supply maybe they got one. I was ready to make the shopping list for miss prissy's but I really need the turner.

6. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    amherst has the little giant in stock but I read that its junk so Im still searching [​IMG]

7. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Go ahead and build one. It's not that hard and will keep you satisfied for awhile. But soon you'll will have to have a better one and then a bigger one. [​IMG] Wait I just got a new one, I'm ok now.[​IMG]

8. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Quote:I have dealt with Cutler's several times and have always been treated great with really fast service. They sell an egg candler that is somewhere aroung $50.00 that has been worth every penny. You can see through just about any eggs with the thing.

9. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    I thought I saw that candler advertised..I was wondering how good it was..

10. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    I too ordered the same bater Monday from Cutlers. Mine arived today also. Cutlers had the best deal I could find 1588 bator & 1610 turner combo $162.10.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by