Just got chickens and joined backyard chickens TODAY!

Indichic1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
frow.gif
Hi, I just adopted 3 chickens from a friend today.
I am excited to learn all I can from all the members here.
I think there is alot of fun to be had with "
BackYard Chickens" !

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens did you get from your friend?

I got a Barred Rock and 2 New Hampshire Reds. They came with a small tractor coop, but it has seen its better days. I am checking out everyone's coops to figure out what I would like to build. I like the idea of a tractor so I can move the coop around, but I also like coops that are probably to big to become tractors. Decisions are sometimes hard to make!

I got a Barred Rock and 2 New Hampshire Reds. They came with a small tractor coop, but it has seen its better days. I am checking out everyone's coops to figure out what I would like to build. I like the idea of a tractor so I can move the coop around, but I also like coops that are probably to big to become tractors. Decisions are sometimes hard to make!

I've had both breeds and they are good, hardy, dependable breeds that will give you lots of nice, large, brown eggs. Good luck in getting your coop built and with your flock.

Most likely you will get bitten by the chicken addiction bug, and a tractor will be too small to contain your flock. Before you know it you will be wanting several other breeds, or decide to incubate eggs and keep the chicks, and BINGO you need a full sized coop and large enclosed run, and a helper to gather all the eggs for you. I'm just mentioning this as a new friend. It's much better to build larger than have to make an addition on what you build now. It's also better to have several chickens/ chicks at one time so you don't have to go thru integration process every time you want a new bird. Get it all over with at once.

Back
Top Bottom