Just got Coronation/Light Sussex eggs to hatch... SO excited

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Urbanfarmerkc, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Today has been an eventful day for me. I bought Coronation/Light Sussex eggs to hatch and bought a Coronation Sussex rooster. I've been waiting to do this for a LONG time! So Exciting!!!!

Dave

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:[​IMG] congrads! Let us know how your hatch goes!

3. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    NEED PICTURES [​IMG]

4. Urbanfarmerkc

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    hee hee... I'll put them on as soon as I figure out how. He is cooped up with my Delaware hens at the moment. No roosters in there yet but won't be hatching any eggs either. He is quite a beauty.

5. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Did you get those from Jenn? She's RevolutionMama on here. Can you believe that gorgeous roo is a cull?

6. Urbanfarmerkc

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    That was my sentiment. Yep, it's Jenn's. He is a knock out. I can't wait to see the ones she kept. I think as rare as they are right now, even a cull has a place in the breeding world. Of course, I wouldn't look at him and think cull. I haven't pulled out all my standards of perfection guidelines to give him a go over but he is really nice looking.

DAve

7. revolutionmama

revolutionmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    CabinInTheWoods
    Quote:I'm so glad you are happy with him and he will have a good home [​IMG] - it was hard giving one of my beautiful Coronation men up...did you get your Red Sussex yet? Jenn

8. Urbanfarmerkc

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Not yet. I did get her number but haven't called her yet. I'll try to do that today or tomorrow. Hopefully this will work out! I'm really hoping this works out! My red dorkings got waylaid until next spring. [​IMG] Oh well, can't win them all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by