Just got Ducklings

wallawu

Songster
7 Years
May 9, 2016
I'm Brian from Central Arkansas. A few weekends ago I went to TSC to get 2-3 female ducks. Found out they didn't sex ducks and decided to take my chances. Asked for 2-3 males and a manager chimed in and said they can't sell me less than 6. As this was going to be a surprise to my better half, I was a little skeptical at coming home with 6 possibly male ducks rather than 2-3 females, but I decided to pull the trigger and get them. They appear to be 2 Mallards, 2 Black Swedish, and 2 Welsh Harlequins. They've been a joy and a mess, but we've enjoyed taking care of and watching them. Kind of ready to get them outside rather than a big container in the bathroom that one of the mallards somehow gets out of every time we turn around. They've recently started having some sort of issue with muscle contraction or something when laying down. I posted about that in the Ducks forum. Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to lose any of these little guys or girls. Hopefully soon I'll have some pictures of 6 healthy ducks enjoying themselves out in the backyard swimming, eating, and being clumsy!

Hi :welcome Brian

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your ducks :D I'm not a duck keeper myself but I'm sure the keepers in the duck section will be able to help you. Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi Brian and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us and i do hope that the duck peeps will be able to help you out.

all the best
CT

Nice to meet you Brian, the only thing I know about ducklings is that they can have a niacin deficiency which can affect their legs, movement etc. I believe it is treated by giving them some brewer's yeast in their feed. It would be best to ask on the Duck thread, to know if this sounds like the problem and how much yeast they need to recover.

Back
Top Bottom