Uggg, rough day. SO, as you can see here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=391260 it appears my flock has been struck with some sort of respiratory disease. I'm in the process of treating, etc. But here's my question, am I totally out of the hatching egg/chick selling game with this flock, knowing now that my girls are potentially carriers should they recover? To start, I have been SUPER diligent about never getting started birds. My core flock I purchased as day olds from a hatchery and since then I have a strict policy of only getting hatching eggs, not even hatched chicks. I even ask chicken keeping friends if they'll change they're shoes, use hand sanitizer, etc before coming over and seeing my birds. I had just decided to keep my first rooster for potentially starting to sell hatching eggs and chicks locally on a very small scale. I could never in good conscious do this if I thought I could spread a disease. And this would now extend to getting rid of extra roosters, etc? At the end of the day, my chickens lean much more towards the pet end of the scale versus livestock and I will not cull the flock and start over if that's my only option to sell chicks, etc. Would going through NPIP testing determine if what my girl's have makes them a carrier? It just all seems so much like a guessing game. Super frustrated. Uggg. Any advice/discussion on this would be throughly appreciated.