Just got home.... babies....updated w/ pics!!

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
I have babies!!!!!!!!!! 4 of them, with MANY more pips!! Big pips, little pips. I can't believe it!! This is so cool!!!!!! I have two yellowish ones and two blackish ones. One of them came out of an EE shell.

BUT when I got home the temp had shot from 101 to almost 105!!! I know you aren't supposed to open the bator, but I lifted the lid for a few seconds to cool it. Its 102 something now. Humidity was 74, dropped to 68 when i opened the lid.

Here's my question... These guys hatched some time between 2:30 and 7. So, do I take them out tomorrow afternoon and leave the ones not hatched yet still in??

Here they are!!!

1000859xd0.jpg

1000858yx6.jpg

Last edited:
They can stay in for acouple days while the hatch finishes up...They live off the yolk sac and do not need food and water right away after hatching out...Thats why hatcherys can sell day olds and ship to people...

Have a bad feeling! All of the eggs with large pips in them, the membrane is SNOW WHITE. I read all five pages on to help or not to help, and the one on how to help, but am still lost on whether or not to, and if I did, when?

1000864sq8.jpg

All of my updates are on a thread at the bottom of the first page, called "updated, pics of hatch"

I helped 2 chicks out who couldnt get out, both of them are alive and well after 24 hours.

I have 22 hatched, 7 unhatched. No action at all on the 7.

Which brings up a question, I had 2 chicks that were developing veryyyy slowly, how long should I wait? Been over 24 hours since the last chick hatched, and no pips or nothing on the last 7 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom