Just got laid off

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pidgey104, Aug 1, 2011.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] going to have to get rid of all my animals. all my show birds and pets.......
    don't know what to do.....

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I am so sorry, I understand your pain.
    Best of luck finding another job, before you have to sell all your animals!

3. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

How did that happen? Downsizing? I hate that when it happens!

Go to unemployment office ASAP and then you can look for a job while you have some cash. It's hell on everyone that just lost their job.....the shock of it was the worse of it.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I know this is not exactly what you want to hear, but I commend you for finding them new homes! So many folks can't afford to take care of their animals and let them go in the wild, or let them starve. I know you wouldn't do that

The bright side is that getting into chickens and critters again after things start to look up should be pretty easy considering all of the enablers you have here on BYC. [​IMG]

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    That's stinks!!!! post in the florida thread, some one may be able to help you out...

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Sorry to hear that... [​IMG] don't panick, things can change for the better quickly. Make out a pan and don't do anything rash until you think things through.......

8. X2. dont panic yet. maybe you can find a temporary home for the animals? heck, if i was closer i would serve as a foster mom! [​IMG]

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    as is I havent been able to cash my checks for two weeks.The company I have been working for is not doing good. I was hes only employ . He did sells while I did everything else from office manger, to packing and shipping.Just borrowed money for feed this weekend. $100 a week Sighh. I love my animals and most are rescues. But most are my show birds also. That I spent lots of money on. I hate to know what kind of home they go to if I get rid of them.

10. get the birds up here and i will lavish them with a life of luxery! [​IMG] until you can take them back of course, not that i would keep them or anything.. um, not like i am a chicken hoarder or anything......

seriously though, you may be able to find a few locals to you to help you out on here.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by