Just got my 6 various girls yesterday..... I was expecting the

Dash Riprock

Songster
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Northeast GA
stressful cease and desist on egg laying. Surprise, surprise! We already have 2 beautiful eggs! They are all now going into the coop with no encouragement. We must've chosen well (or they chose us well).

We have a cross poolde/schnauzer (very gentle and submissive.) ?? how to introduce him to the flock, as they will share the fenced backyard?

TIA

Dash

2 RIR, 2 Dom's, Ired Sex and one Black. All under 1,5 yrs old.

Last edited:

my first peepers

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
South Western VT
I have a schnoodle too and he is great with our birds! He walks around with them as if he were part of the flock. One of our pullets who is sort of a loner has been following him around lately...so cute! The only problem is that he has developed a taste for chicken poo!

As far as introducing yours, I would let him/her sniff the birds and check them out through a fence for a few days then introduce him/her among them on a leash before letting them loose together. After that just watch them closely for a few days after you set them loose together...you will know by watching your dog's reactions if it is safe or not.
Good luck!

Dash Riprock

Songster
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Northeast GA
Quote:Thanks Abt the name. I have used that name for many years.

As to the girls, they were in a very confined area. They now hove a very spacious 9 x 9 coop and a 1/4 acre fenced backyard. They were very, very busy today. We spent the entire day watching them play. Two distinct groups: The Adventure Girls and The Bitty Club. FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Top Bottom