Just got my first chicks from Ideal (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by slc, May 8, 2009.

1. slc

slc Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Upper Michigan
    They're finaly here. All arrived a-ok. Spunky and active out of the box. So far so good. They are so cute. Ideal did a good job marking them. I put #4 rubber bands on their legs out of the box to mark males and breeds. There are EE, Australorps, Buff Orps, Buff and Partridge Chanteclers, Brahmas, and Buff Laced Polish. It's a little hard to tell the Buff Chantecler and Orpingtons apart right now. They all look healthy so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Adorable chicks!!!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Amazing and beautiful.

4. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Super Cute!!! [​IMG]

Awesome that they made that long trip in such great shape! My Ideal chicks arrived perfect too, but then it was a short trip here [​IMG]

5. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    They are beautiful! I love [​IMG] Ideal Hatchery!! Good luck with those babies!!

6. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. slc

slc Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Upper Michigan
    Well it's been 24 hours now. One chick with a small rattle (clicking) to his breathing and a little weak. I held it in my hand and encouraged it to drink some Duramycin 10 water from a cap. After that he sparked up a bit but still noticeably sick. Anyone have thoughts about this? Should I separate him? Stress sickness or contagious repertory problem starting here? All chicks have been given water with sugar and Duracycin 10, is there anything else I should be giving chicks start showing these respiratory signs? I also have Sumlet on hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by