Just got my first of 2 egg incubators yesterday

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 8rand0, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 8rand0

8rand0 Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    NorCal
    So I spent $24 and ordered the lil made in china dome 7 egg incubator from online. Never used any incubator before and d to try. We had a neighbors dog(s) kill my uncle's only Silkie hen while we were recovering after a small flood. Later that day he told me to grab a dozen eggs from his hen house for myself. My bright idea was to grab all the Silkie eggs. There was exactly 1 dozen. I cleaned them up while I started up the incubbator. Popped in the first 7 eggs, should be done first week of February. Will candle next week & update. My second incubator is on its way. It is a circulated air unit that fits 54 without a turner, which I don't have at the moment. Gonna try a dozen of the fertile eggs from the store along with the rest of the Silkie eggs and some of his other hens' eggs[​IMG]

2. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and Welcome to BYC!

Very exciting! Sorry about your loss though... I have a new in incubator that is meant to arrive any day...i used my other incubators to much and they dont work properly now [​IMG] It really is like a kid waiting for presents on Christmas day. Good luck with your silkie hatch, they sure are adorable!

Keep us updated!

-Mustang

1 person likes this.
  3. 8rand0

8rand0 Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I got the big one up n runnin too, 5 more Silkie eggs, 2 older unknown fertile eggs and a dozen from uncle's flock (RIR roo w/Barred Americauna hens, white leghorn hen and 3 other various hens) cant wait, 2nd week of feb for the big one and 1st week for the 7pack of silkies(All 7 showlife at 8 days n candled)

4. 8rand0

8rand0 Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    NorCal
    So I did my 2nd week candle of the eggs an 4 of 7 have growing dark masses inside as the other 3 seem barren

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by