Just got my first peeps! (lots of pics...)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rw1647, May 6, 2009.

1. rw1647

rw1647 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Bremerton, WA
    We got a call at 6:45 this morning that our box from MPC was ready to be picked up at the post office! The babies were NOT happy and were letting everyone at the post office know it very very loudly...we could hear them when we came in the door! But they are all healthy and active and are now happy and full. We have them in a small box for now, on newspaper covered with paper towels, but have a much larger box to move them into as soon as they're ready. Anyway, here's some pictures:

[​IMG] All huddled in the corner of the box...still peeping loudly, mind you.

[​IMG]Light-colored EE. I couldn't get a good shot of it but she has really pretty dilute patterns all over her.

[​IMG]Darker EE...she has great cheeks!

[​IMG]Delaware...again, you can't see in this picture, but she has a black spot on the top of her head and she's already getting her wing feathers and likes to show them off.

[​IMG]Black Australorp...she wouldn't keep her head facing the camera.

[​IMG]Buff Orp...her name is Aleisha. She's the smallest of them now and VERY wiggly.

[​IMG]In the brooder...where's the food, lady?! They found the water right away and ate A LOT as soon as I put the food in.

[​IMG]Ahh, heat. They were all sleeping very soon after this.

I'm sure I'll be posting more pictures soon. Time to go stare at the babies some more...

(edited because two pics were switched)

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations on the new cuties [​IMG]

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Ya just never get over the thrill of baby chicks. I'm happy for you. [​IMG]