just got my guinea keets!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NancyP1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. NancyP1

NancyP1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I just picked up 17 guinea keets to add to my lonely bird I hatched! They are 2 days apart in age and seem to be healthy little peeps! I have them in a brooder box in my livingroom. I think hubby is going to have to watch tv in the bedroom..they are soo loud! Will have to figure out how to post some photos!

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Congrats on the keets! [​IMG] What colors did ya get? [​IMG] A broody game hen hatched out 3 Pearl Guinea Keets last Thursday. Super fat chubby keets! [​IMG] I have 6 older Guineas that roam around, they are: Lavender, Pearl, and Pied. The Pied variety is my favorite. [​IMG]

~ Aspen

3. Spoiled1_629

Spoiled1_629 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Midland, TX
    I have 15 keets! I have a white, a lavender and 13 pearls. They are fun aren't they!!!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I love the Whites, but I decided not to get any b/c they wouldn't last very long around here. [​IMG]

~ Aspen

5. NancyP1

Jul 26, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Sorry for the delay in answering! Tried and tried to post...then realized I was not signed in. Jeez, there's a blonde for ya. Anyway...I have some lavender, and some pied. The hen they came from is a pied and the male is a lavender. The pied guineas are Adorable!! I also have 1 chick that is pearl that we hatched here. Only one to make it out of the shell. Will try harder this batch. Also have 3 grown pearl guineas. No chickens yet! Need a bigger coop![​IMG]

6. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG] Congratulations on your new keets!!

I only have 4 white guineas, but I would love to eventually get some more colors!

Maybe next year.

Do post pics of your little darlings!!!

[​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I have 3 Pearl keets I am thinking about rehoming. One of my broodies hatched them, but I don't know if I want to go through the hassle on raising them or not. [​IMG]

~ Aspen

8. NancyP1

Jul 26, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I love the guineas. I have NO ticks when I have enough guineas..I had quite a few ticks this spring before I stated letting them free range. I was finding them on the cats, dog and horses! And Me! I started out with 12 last year. Lost one as a chick. Bad neighbors dog got a few and a fox got the rest. Really don't like having only 3. So I fixed that problem!! I would love to have some white ones!

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I sell Guinea Fowl hatching eggs if you're interested. [​IMG] I don't have Whites but I do have Lav, Pied, & Pearl. PM me if interested.

~ Aspen

10. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    They Are Soooooo Loud!

But Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by