Just got my Mothers Day & B'day gift!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by erthymom2, May 10, 2009.

1. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    My son's just got back from a secret trip to a friends farm with two pearl guinea hens for me!! I've been talking about getting some and have eggs hatching. they heard me and asked their buddy's if anyone had any grown ones for sale. sure enough, they got 'em and i can also get two more tomorrow if i want them too!! They only had the two they could get down from the barn rafters, so in the daylight, they'll catch me two more.
    I was so surprised...never thought i'd get these and never thought my boys would be so creative - they are special guys to me!!

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    AWSOME!!! Thats so sweet for your sons to do that for you! Congrats!

3. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    The more the merrier for guineas. Get 4.

How wonderful. How old are your boys? I have 2 boys myself and trust me--the last thing they would ever do is get me another bird!

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    what a great Mom's day gift, your a lucky mom.

AL

5. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    i have two boys of my own: 16 & 18 and two foster boys :18 & 18. They all have farm-type jobs and have gotten used to Mom's obsessive chicken behavior...which is now branching out to turkeys and guinneas!!
    They usually can't keep a secret between the four of them for long at all, so getting me the guinnes was a delight...they were so proud of themselves. The story of how they got the hens from the barn out of their roosts was pretty funny too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by