Just got my new day old Muscovy!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Minjojojo, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Minjojojo

Minjojojo In the Brooder

Dec 7, 2017
    New Jersey
    She is so precious! I know they get lonely and the general recommendation is to get 2+ birds, but I have a lot of time at home and don’t leave home much so I got one to love & to cherish.

Attached Files:

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member 6 Years

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    She is very cute :) So she's going to be an indoor duck and live inside with you her whole life? No judgement, I have an indoor chicken that cannot live outside so she lives inside.

But there's a lot to think about with this. She is going to live for 15 or 20 years, do you think your circumstances are going to remain the same for that long and you'll be able to spend all day with her every day for 15 years? And I do mean all day - even popping out to do some shopping and leaving her alone for that time isn't fair to her, because if she had a flock mate she would never be alone, even for a couple hours. What about if you want to go on vacation?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Minjojojo likes this.
  3. Grannynunn

Grannynunn Hatching

Jun 16, 2017
    Mississippi
    She is going to get big quickly. Two months or so. Very messy. Good luck

Minjojojo likes this.
  4. Minjojojo

Minjojojo In the Brooder

Dec 7, 2017
    New Jersey
    Thank you for the food for thought.
    I have had an emotional support animal before and I think I could register her as such so that I can take her everywhere I go!

5. Minjojojo

Minjojojo In the Brooder

Dec 7, 2017
    New Jersey
    One-month check in:

I gave in and got her a friend after 2 weeks! Since then they have been best friends, sisters, and momma to each other despite the size difference.
    They both accompany me to school (my professors send me emails asking me to bring them to school, and when they come across me in school they ask me about my ducks first) and go everywhere with me!

Attached Files:

chickens really and Pyxis like this.
  6. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma Premium Member

They are so cute.Best of Luck with them...

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member 8 Years

Love those pics, ducks /ducklings are very therapeutic, How could you not relax with something that adorable at school with you. :love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: