Just got my new Foodsaver

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by chicks for better health, Jun 19, 2008.

1. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    I picked up a new Foodsaver at Linens and Things going out of business sale I got the stainless steel model for $160 +/-. Can't wait to use it this weekend.

Where is the best place or website to get bulk rolls for it?

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    wish I knew

3. chicks for better health

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    I saw a bunch on e-bay, but I am not sure if they will fit the Foodsaver 11" x 50'

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Very exciting!! I got one not so long ago - the one that you can stand up to store.....

Not sure where you can buy bags or the rolls in bulk.

5. Richard

Richard Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2008
    Antioch IL
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  6. HillCountryMomma

HillCountryMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    I just got a FoodSaver too in anticipation of the immenant demise of my Freedom Rangers!

I didn't get the stainless one, I got the one that comes with the canister set.

I've heard that it's not worth it to use the cheap knock-off bags. My Aunt picked up a big value pack of bags for it at Costco. I don't live close enough to one to maintain a membership, but a Sam's or Costco might be a good place to look.

Liz

7. chicks for better health

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    Quote:That is the same one that I got. I hope to bag some chickens tomorrow. I have to put up a pen for my pigs first.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:That is the same one that I got. I hope to bag some chickens tomorrow. I have to put up a pen for my pigs first.

GOOD CHOICE! [​IMG] Its so easy to use, I taught my kids to use it.... I packed EVERYTHING I could find first few days [​IMG]

It will seal cereal bags, chip bags, all kinds - it can't vaccum those - but just sealing them is good enough for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by