Just got my new hens...Severe storms tonight.

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
we are supposed to have some severe storms tonight. I just got my new hens today and am wondering if i can give/do anything to keep them from getting stressed out during the storm tonight? I have heard of Rescue remedy on here and don't know if i should get and give it to them or just leave them alone and see how they do. Thanks

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
Thanks for the advice. Me a worry wart? Never.... I am shocked they had only been here a few hours and i already have an egg. Pic to follow. I thought it would take them a while but the truck ride and being caught didnt seem to slow them done.

morelcabin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario Canada
No it doesn't affect them the first day because the egg started to form yesterday, you may have a couple of days without eggs now, but sometimes they just keep on laying like nothing happened:>) I used to worry alot too, it's been so many years since I started with hens that very little gets me now.

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
Anytime I move chicks from brooder to coop or any stressful situation, I always give them Vi Tal. It is just vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. I think it kind of acts like a probias for cows.

Top Bottom