Just got my Rainbow layers from Cackle Help with breeds!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crash0330, May 12, 2010.

1. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Can you guys try to help me make out the breeds that I got with my rainbow layers pullets I got from cackle, There not the best pics but I dont have a camera just my phone soory, Your help is really appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Oh come on guys! Anybody???? I really need to know what they are I'm planning to seell 10 of them but I kneed to know what breed they are that way I'll know what to keep!

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Go to www.feathersite.com and look at their chick photos. This is the hard homework. Your homework. [​IMG]

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I am no expert at this, but I think I see some Buff Orps in there (the really fluffy yellow ones) and since the photo is with a phone and not a camera as you pointed out, it does make it more difficult to tell the breeds, but they are ADORABLE!!!

If I was in your shoes, I would wait until they are about 5 weeks old to decide on who to keep that way you will have a better idea of what breeds you did get!

5. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    The black one's look like Barred rocks the light ones look like BO and the dark reds look like RIR and maybe the light red's are new Hampshire reds. or red sex links just my guesses. you might have a couple of EE's in there for blue eggs. You might want to wait until they are older to make sure of breeds

6. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    I agree- keep them for awhile to find out what they are. A bonus is that once they are older you can sell them for alot more (depending on where you live). I sell "started" birds all the time.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    The black ones with the white dot on their head look like BR (but if the legs are white not yellow, then they could be Cuckoo Marans)

I see some buff orps (buff colored), red sex links (2 orange stripes down the back), RIR maybe (reddish brown ones)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by