Just got my three new RIR's! Anybody got any good names?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenWings103, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ChickenWings103

ChickenWings103 New Egg

Aug 25, 2009
    I've just ordered three new Rhode Island Red ex-battery hens from the BHWT! (battery hens welfare trust) [​IMG]. They are hybrids, but that doesn't matter right now.. I previously had two hens in my garden, they're names were Shake ad Bake! A matter of months after we received them, Bake died; died of a heart attack I think.. Now we have Shake wondering about the garden, trying to think where Bake could be. Chickens don't really know what 'death' is exactly: So we ordered three more hens from the BHWT, [as I said above], to keep Shake happy. Me and my dad already had it planned to get three more hens before Bake died anyway. But when the three newbies arrive here from the cage, has anyone got three decent names for them, I'm drained, Shake and Bake was the only names that came into mind, need you'r help, gimme names!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    THANKS!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    How about Rhodidendron (can't remember how to spell that) for one of them? Not sure about the others. Maybe Rose.....

3. RobinZ

RobinZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I have 4 RIR's, their names are: Rosie, Rhoda, RIta and Bernadine. [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have one RIR and her name is Maudette. She walks around clucking to herself, she's my "talker". [​IMG] Sometimes if you wait a bit to see their personalities, the names will come to you! Have fun.

5. chesapeakechick

chesapeakechick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    Warwick, Maryland
    Our 3 are named Bertha (very motherly and frequently complains and "talks"), Henny and Penny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by