Just got our 1st 2 chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tracy1stTimer, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Tracy1stTimer

Tracy1stTimer New Egg

Apr 12, 2011
    Hello everyone, my name is Tracy. We just got our first 2 chickens over the weekend! Their previous owner purchased them 7 weeks ago from Tractor Supply & could no longer keep them. We were told they were both Cornish Rocks. He thought the little brown one was a rooster which I do not believe to be the case. Looks to me like they may have gotten mixed up in the store. Any idea what breed/sex they are??? We are very excited to finaly have our first chickens & look forward to obtaining more. We are looking to buy some Rhode Island Reds as well. Does anyone know of any private breeders in Ohio?

~Tracy~

2. Tracy1stTimer

Tracy1stTimer New Egg

Apr 12, 2011
    Here is a photo!

~Tracy~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  3. patricknjaimieschicks

patricknjaimieschicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Avon,Ohio
    Good luck with your chickens! I also am a 1st time chicken owner...have some. 2 and 3 week old chicks. Where in ohio are u from..I am in Avon

4. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    [​IMG]! Looks to me like one is a White Rock and the other might be a speckled sussex
    ?? Dunno. Hope you get to the bottom of this mystery![​IMG][​IMG]

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! Glad you decided to join us! [​IMG] This is such a gret place to hang out! Lots of helpful information, lots of friendly folks, lots of witty banter -- what's not to love? [​IMG] Pull up a (comfy!) chair and prepare to stay a while ... [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. IMO the one on the left appears to be a cornish rock pullet and the one on the right appears to be a speckled sussex pullet.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!! [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
  9. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

10. Tracy1stTimer

Tracy1stTimer New Egg

Apr 12, 2011
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am so excited [​IMG] we just got 7 more chickens! I found 6 month old Rhode Island Reds that just started laying picked up 6 hens & 1 rooster. They are beautiful!

~Tracy~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by