Just got our chicks this past week.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MayDayMel, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MayDayMel

MayDayMel Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Trinity, AL
    Hello! I am new to the site, have looked around on it some but never joined til now. We had Domineckers growing up, but other than feeding them and gathering eggs I didn't have much time for them. (I had over 200 Quail and 2 horses that took up my time, the chickens were my moms)

We recently bought a house and one of the best things about it, it has a small coop attached behind the privacy fence.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for it being drawn on the computer, but this gives you an idea of the layout. You have to go through the privacy gate, but it opens into a large run.
    [​IMG]
    This is what the inside of the coop looks like. It is not a large coop by any means, and I plan to add onto it at some point. It has a 4ft roost, and 3 nesting boxes that equal 4ft across under the roost. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to get out and take a picture of the real thing.

We decided that we had a coop, and my son has been wanting chickens, so we got 3 Plymouth Barred Rocks this past week, and 1 mystery chick that is a light/buff (I'm thinking leghorn) that they threw in because it had gotten mixed into the pullets and they weren't sure if it was straight run or what. They're adorable, and have little personalities showing already.
    [​IMG]
    The mystery chick is "Oscar" and the rest are Sparky, Zoltar, and Whiskers. (My son watched Puss in Boots too many times) This pic was day 2, and they are going on week 2 now. Adorable little fluffballs!

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG] And congrats on your new fuzz balls! [​IMG]

3. MayDayMel

MayDayMel Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Trinity, AL
    Thanks! They are hitting the feisty stage now :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by