Just got some totally shaken eggs in mail! Any way they can survive?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I just got some d'anver eggs that I paid a lot for, their air cells are completely detached, if I turn them upside down, the air pocket moves all the way to the other end of the egg, and some even have bubbles in them! [​IMG]
    Two of the eggs were packed upside down with the pointy end at the top, although they were all nicely wrapped. [​IMG]
    Whats more, I bought them on Sunday and only just got them today, I paid £7 postage for these little guys expecting next day delivery and they only got sent by first class recorded which the seller only paid £3 for. I am sooo mad right now!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any way I can get these eggs to hatch or should I just send them back and save myself the heartache? [​IMG]

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I would set them anyways, stranger things have happened then getting chicks to hatch with detached air cells and then I would get on the phone with the seller. I too would be annoyed if I went through the trouble for next day delivery to find out the seller sent them any other way. He/She owes you a refund on the shipping although you are on your own with the eggs. [​IMG] Good luck with the hatch!

3. Ozchicken

Ozchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland, Australia
    I agree. At this point, all you can do is give them a go. Even if you got one out of it now, you'd be ahead. Good luck.

4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
  5. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Quote:Thanks pete55, I've read this before but couldn't remember where to find it, I was hoping you'd reply to my post. [​IMG]

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

detached and bubbly air cells never reattach for me.. I have some muscovy eggs in the bator now.. every one arrived with badly detached and bubbly air cells.. i have only lost a couple out of those eggs..a ll the rest are developing nicely and STILL have "bad" air cells.. so I don't worry any more about "bad" air cells so long as the egg itself isnt scrambled

7. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by