Just got stung.......twice!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Randy, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    First by a wasp and then about 15 minutes later by a bumble bee. Stings were on my arm and only about six inches away from each other. Then to top it all off I scratched my leg up pretty good on a blackberry vine as I was running away from the bumble bee. I'm not sure what this cocktail of bee and wasp venom will do to me but so far it's making my arm hurt pretty good. I went ahead and took a benadryl just to be on the safe side. [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]
    I would be >>> [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Brookiesflock

Brookiesflock Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    OUCHY!!!![​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I hate bees. I once got stung by a yellow-jacket which was inside a can of Pepsi, when I took a swig from it. You can bet I don't leave those open and sitting around any more; I bought special caps for the cans.

Although I'm not allergic to bees, I am one of those folks who swell up BIG-time with mosquito bites. MISERABLE, huge welts. I keep a hydrocortisone salve on hand AND benadryl to take when the skeeters get me. Better that I get sleepy from the benadryl than scratch myself bloody with even a single bite.

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I got bit by an ant the other day that made my WHOLE foot go numb and then itch for 3 days.

I feel your pain.

6. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    Quote:That happened to me once but it was too wasps instead of the bumble bee and wasp and they stung the exact same spot and it was on my back. okay, I guess they're not the same... [​IMG]

7. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    OUCH!! 2 right by each other, wow, gotta be some pain there! [​IMG] Can sooo relate to injuring myself on other objects trying to escape them dang flying stingers. They're so thick here that if I'm not running & screaming from them I'm [​IMG] inside until dark. Do you have anything handy to put on your arm for pain??

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    So sorry. Good thing you got away! I'm allegic to bees and every year but the last two had me at the hospital for a shot [​IMG] the epi-pen only works to buy time for medical assistance. The worse one was when I reached into the mailbox and 3 yellowjackets got my hand. I actually keep a can of bee killer spray at the coop ...just in case [​IMG]

9. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    YOW! I'm deathly scared of bees!!! I've been stung 3 times, but the worst by far was when I was walking in the yard and a wasp flew UP MY PANTS and stung me numerous times behind my knee! I took a benadryl right away, and put ice on it to stop the swelling! It was so scary! I was thanking my lucky stars I wasn't allergic to bees!

10. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    This reminds me of the time when my dad, 2 older brothers, 1 younger brother and I went salmon fishing in a remote river. I was 11 at the time, and I was watching my younger brother, age 4. I sat him on a log, and it caved in, and swarms of bees attacked all of us, in haste to leave, we left our fishing stuff, and younger brother's shoe in the bee hive, behind, and ran a mile while carrying our younger brother through a thick wood to our van. My younger brother got the most stings, around 50, I had second most stings, follow by my dad and other 2 brothers. We went the the nearest store to get something for our stings, and I remember bawling so hard. Then we went back to our cabin, and my dad and older brother went back to the site to get our stuff. They had to use a fishing pole to fish my brother's shoe out of the hive. Thank God that none of us were allergic to bees!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by