Just got the call

blueferral

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
The USPO just called our new McMurry chicks are at the PO.
celebrate.gif
Then they said, "We open at 10 we will see you then." Sheesh!
barnie.gif

What? 10 o'clock? What PO opens at 10? Obviously if someone is there to call you, they should be able to get your chicks to you. Can you call them back and have them meet you at the door or something - at least drop off some water and a heat source? At least until you can "officially" sign for them.

They called me at sunrise and let me come right away; they wouldn't be open for 2 or 3 more hours.

lol.png
Last year, the Union PO called me at 8 am and the lady said, "We'll unlock the door for you."
She even verified they were all alive before leaving the office.

I'd go stand at the front door with a sign that states: I'm here for my chicks!

They probably won't answer the phone until 10 and they are open for business. Sounds ike a small P.O. that can set hours or a supervisor stressed out about something? If it was my chicks I'd go to the back door of the P.O. and bang on the door till someone hears you. They should let you pick them up early, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Ok they are picked up and in the brooder. All alive, all look good. Ordered 25, 27 showed up. 25+1 extra EE, 1 mystery. It has feathers on its legs and is all yellow. They are not a small post office. Suburban, have 4 people that staff the desk. They are just rule mongers. They would not let me come in early and get them, I asked. Didn't want to slam the PO anymore than they already get slammed. Most of them are just working people like you and me. Its the people running the show that are dropping the ball.

Back the the subject at hand. They are racing around, drinking, eating LOOKING GOOD TO ME. I'll post some picks when I figure out where the wife hid the camera.

Ok they are picked up and in the brooder. All alive, all look good. Ordered 25, 27 showed up. 25+1 extra EE, 1 mystery. It has feathers on its legs and is all yellow. They are not a small post office. Suburban, have 4 people that staff the desk. They are just rule mongers. They would not let me come in early and get them, I asked. Didn't want to slam the PO anymore than they already get slammed. Most of them are just working people like you and me. Its the people running the show that are dropping the ball.

Back the the subject at hand. They are racing around, drinking, eating LOOKING GOOD TO ME. I'll post some picks when I figure out where the wife hid the camera.
It's good to hear all are well. Congrats on the babies :)

I got mine this morning too. Small town post office...he said, "Mrs. McKenley, we have some little birdies for you. You can come get them whenever, you don't have to wait until we open. Just ring the bell and we will bring them out."

He called at 5:19, we were in the car at 5:24!! When my husband called last week to give them the heads-up, the postmaster said they get deliveries here at 8 and 10. I was surpised (but HAPPY) that he called earlier! My 12 year old son got to go with me to pick them up before school.

Apyl, Thanks! McKenely5 congrats.

From the time McMurray sent me the text saying they were on the way to the time I picked them up was 25 hours. I'd says that was pretty good. Especially, since people have been saying deliveries to South Carolina (and a few other states) have been slow.

So far I'm very happy. My boys are kneeling outside the brooder watching them dart around. "They're so cuuuuute!" "Daddy, they need diapers!" "Daddy that one needs a time out for picking that one!" "Daddy, birds have beaks." "Why are the fuzzy? Our other ones aren't." "Can I hold the yellow one?"

Doesn't get better than that. Well enough of you "people" time to get back to the chickens!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom