Just got to vent about something

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
I am at my wits end trying to explain DE to my feed store. No one in this area has ever heard of it! I just got off the phone with the animal health rep. for my feed store and he didn't know what I was talking about. I mean really, come on!! I know I shouldn't fuss too much, after all I didn't know anything about it till I joined this forum. But you would think that a animal food rep would know something about it. People look at me like I'm crazy when I describe what it does. I think maybe I need to become a rep. for my region. Maybe then I will get the results I need. Sorry to fuss.

Sometimes Food Grade DE is known as Fossil Shell Flour. The bag will say 'Food Chemical Codex Grade.' If it doesn't, don't purchase.

Diatomaceous Earth sold for swimming pool filters is dangerous to human health, your pets and livestock. It has been chemically treated and heated to change it's composition.

regards,
keljonma

if edited, probably for typos...

Last edited:
oh I know the difference, but getting people to understand what it does and why you want it that's the problem. I always tell them it has to be FOOD GRADE., codex etc. But just getting the point across is the problem. I am just trying to find a way to get it local instead of online. Shipping is sooooo expensive.

You're very welcome. I know shipping costs are high, but with ridiculous gas prices and the time spent searching stores...well, shipping is a bargain. Time saved is more time play with chickens!
Stephanie

I get my DE from dirtworks.net.

Right now on their website under the link 'yardsale' 50lb bags of Perma Guard Fossil Shell Flour that are broken are going for $30. Shipping to me is $23. Regular price is $42. It is also available in smaller quantities.

For me not being able to get DE in my area the shipping is worth it. I just placed a new order and it is shipping today. I expect it to arrive by wednesday next week.

If it helps -people around here look at me like I am crazy when I have asked about it, too.

Hey Missprissy, do you know if it is contaminated or not coming in broken bag and all? It's a great deal, but i use it too, besides using it on my chicks. so before i buy it wanted to know the quality. thanks

$30 for a BROKEN bag??? Good grief... I sell undamaged bags for $25... $19 in quantity.

If anyone in this forum wants Fossil Shell Flour, I'd be happy to sell it to them for $25 a bag and my actual shipping costs. You can email me for shipping costs -
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom