Just got yelled at...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chick2good4u, Oct 26, 2008.

1. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

I just got yelled at by a chicken! [​IMG] I went to get the eggs and one was sitting in one of the boxes, laying I guess, when I went to reach in the other box, she let out a braaaaaaaaaaaaah It sounded like she was yelling. I told her I was sorry to disturb her and left. Then I felt kinda dumb, I just apologized to a chicken?! I hope none of the neighbors heard me. [​IMG]

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    LOL !!!! Dont feel to dumb I talk to mine also !!!! It is kind of funny that we say sorry to our chickens !!! [​IMG]

3. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    I just did something similar. I opened the coop door just now to check on the gang and our new layer was in the box. I said "Oh, sorry, I'll come back later." and closed the door. lol. I talk to all of my animals though. I also just told my mare not to tell the others that I just gave her a carrot!! [​IMG] Just shows we really care I think. [​IMG]

4. chick2good4u

It caught me off guard more then anything. I didn't know chickens could yell that loud! I do talk to them some when I give out treats. [​IMG]

5. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I guess she wanted to make sure you heard her. She was saying " Get OUT of here, Im NOT done yet!! Give a girl her privacy, eh".
    I've apologized to a chicken for the same reason. My neighbors already think I am crazy for going outside and calling the chickens. The crazier thing is- they come runing when called.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

THey're just like kids too - they never listen unless I have a treat in my hands!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I apologize to my chickens all the time. You should hear the conversations my roo and I have when he's standing at my feet under the fig tree looking ever-hopeful and I have to tell him I can't find any more figs on the tree. I swear he looks like he's about to cry!

8. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] At least you're not alone. I talk to all of our animals. My SO rarely does unless I am out of the room. It's kind of funny to hear him from the other side of the door. [​IMG]

9. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    She sounds like she is thinking about going broody on you. LOL

I just apologized to a hen for disturbing her. I startled her and she came at me feet first like a rooster. LOL
    I was reaching into her brooder cage (where she has three little chicks) and she got very upset. She is a fiercely protective momma!

chel

10. chick2good4u

Quote:She can't go broody, I don't have a roo! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by