Just gotta say....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, Dec 1, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    that I haven't been able to gather eggs today because all of my nestboxes are occupied and have been for several hours. It's going to be a mega-egg day! [​IMG]

I don't interrupt my girls while they are on the nests. I figure they deserve a little privacy. Besides, Lil'Bit pecks if I try to check under her. [​IMG]

2. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Or they could just be playing with your mind like mine do [​IMG] Watch them come out of there without having layed anything. They'll be laughing up their... uh... wings at you.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Nah, mine have a different mind game they play with me. It's called go into the woods and sing the egg song just to watch Mama come running thru the brush cuz she thinks she can catch us laying outside the coop. Once we see Mama almost break her neck, walk away like nothings happened. [​IMG]

4. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    Quote:Nah, mine have a different mind game they play with me. It's called go into the woods and sing the egg song just to watch Mama come running thru the brush cuz she thinks she can catch us laying outside the coop. Once we see Mama almost break her neck, walk away like nothings happened. [​IMG]

Your birds have been wandering and teaching that to my birds, haven't they?

True story this week- I have an EE that has to be a year old. Has never laid an egg. Freeloader had me thinking it was a rooster for a while, so I tell the husband- when we process this week, the EE has to go- chicken is no good at all. The little hussy has laid an egg 4 out of the last 5 days. Obviously, she heard me.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

The molt in ending here finally and I am getting eggs again....woohoo!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Got an egg in one coop that may actually be Ivy's, after she almost died twice. And in the main coop, my EE June laid me a gorgeous, ex large green one for the first time in ages. We may be on the upswing again!

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Got eight eggs today. My dark brahma girls are really getting with it.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Glad to hear Ivy is doing better. [​IMG]

9. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse

Oh, you too? Ain't it a riot!! [​IMG] Yeah, I especially love it when they fluff their feathers and give you the stinkeye when you screech to a stop in front of them and almost fall on them. Ah well, they're coming out of their molt too, 11/14 today!! Woot!! [​IMG]

10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:You must be heaving one huge sigh of relief... about time some good news came down the pike, huh? [​IMG] I thought my EE Amelia was going to be an internal layer; after her sister died in a freak accident Amelia stopped laying (no sign of a molt) and didn't lay for about 4 mos. I finally found a green egg (and since she's the only EE I have left, it wasn't hard to figure out whose it was... [​IMG] about 2 wks. ago. You go, Amelia! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by