1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just gotta share

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shemarie, Apr 22, 2007.

1. shemarie

shemarie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2007
    Topeka, KS
    I have 3 hens from last year...and I bought 2 chicks this spring...one of them didn't make it so I have one plymouth barred rock that is 6 weeks old and has been in the house most of the time. We are trying to introduce her to the other ladies..so we made a nice little pen outside for her that she can see them and they can see her but not pick at her. When we are out we let her out of the pen to be with all of us and the other chickens too. They of course try to put her in her place...the other night Sophie my brown leghorn came at her and Penny just flew up to my shoulder. Last night the wind came up and I kid you not...Penny literally climbed up my leg and torso and sat on my shoulder.. Hmmm. I think she thinks she's a parrot. It is so funny to watch...she knows who her protectors are.
    I wish I had a video..cuz she is fast and goes straight to your shoulder and sits just like a parrot. Aaargh matey, we be the redneck pirates.....LOL

2. Weewanona

Weewanona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Wilburton, OK
    [​IMG]

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    shemarie, too funny "redneck pirates" !! [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Too cute...it's great when chicks wanna sit on your head, but when they get to be adults...unless you want a chiropracter on retainer, forget it...[​IMG]
    Redneck Pirates![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by