Just had to giveaway my first hatches:(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NCchicken, May 6, 2011.

1. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Bummed out. I just gave away my four roosters that I hatched out in January. They were my very first chickens I have ever hatched out. They all went together out on some guys farm who says he has thirteen pens of chickens and swears that he is an avid chicken lover too. I'm just sad to see my boys leave. I loved them and they loved me. they eat from my hands. Come when I call and perch on me. Sigh...I have 18 more in the bator and cringe at the thought of having to give any of those away too. I sure hope this gets easier. Thanks for letting me vent. [​IMG]

2. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Oh NO! so sorry! I had to give up 4 roos too, another goes tonight, but I did't hatch them, that would make it all the more worse!

3. NCchicken

Sep 8, 2010
    I'm sorry about your Roos too. It is sad. Thanks for responding. It means a lot especially to know that I'm not the only softee.

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm sorry [​IMG]. I've never had to give away a roo I liked.. they all hurt me. But, I'm sorry. At least you have some more in the 'bator so you can love some more [​IMG]

5. NCchicken

Sep 8, 2010
    Thanks chicken frenzie! I'm sure it will get better with time. These are just my firsts and all so I'm taking this probably harder than I should.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by