Just had to share this

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by maxxsmommy, Oct 24, 2011.

1. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    so i have been getting eggs regularly for about 2 weeks now from 2 of my girls.. I eat them, my kids eat them.. But the hubby wont because they are fertile due to my rooster so it grosses him out knowing there is rooster "soldiers" in the eggs.. haha I kinda was grossed out about eating them at first.. but i have gotten over it.. anyone else have a friend/hubby/wife/kids etc that wont eat the eggs due to them being fertile?

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Yes! I don't bother trying to convince them.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Quote:Hubby needs to enroll in Sex Education 101. There are no "rooster soldiers" in fertile eggs. There was one but it combined with the ovum to make a zygote (fertilized egg). The "soldier" itself no longer exists except as half of the complement of chromosomes.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Hubby needs to enroll in Sex Education 101. There are no "rooster soldiers" in fertile eggs. There was one but it combined with the ovum to make a zygote (fertilized egg). The "soldier" itself no longer exists except as half of the complement of chromosomes.

2x

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Rooster soldiers in the eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Well guess he can't eat chicken or any other meat since a 'soldier' combined with an egg to produce all of those meat producing animals.

"Soldiers", I love it!!!!! I'm a 70 year old guy and this is the first that I have heard sperm referred to as 'soldiers.' Have I been missing something for all of these 70 years? [​IMG]

6. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    I've never read "rooster soldiers" in the same sentence before lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by