1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just had to show them off ..eggs are here! Golden cuckoos and blue ams

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texasbartrambaby, Jan 9, 2009.

1. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Ok, if anyone was following me I started my first bator project with a gorgeous set of Pasofina's eggs. (I will definitely be ordering some more of hers!!) Needless to say it was an LG and fried them one afternoon. I splurged and bought the new hovabator genesis - so far this thing rocks!! [​IMG]

Anyway - got eggs from bayhorsebonne and Romana Iwan. Absolutely gorgeous also - golden cuckoo marans and Ramona's blue/blue wheaten am's. Got them in the mail early this morning and popped them in a little bit ago. Wow guys - wish me luck!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Pretty eggs !!!! Where did you find eggs from Romana Iwan? on here ?? or somewhere else ??

3. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    http://sinbad99029.tripod.com/id6.html

Found
    this when I FIRST started looking for chickens. I really liked her birds. I am not sure if she is on here or not. I had to wait a long time to get them though because her babies went on strike!

What do you think --- first time chicken owner. I have five EE's that are 5 weeks old now.

4. Chix-in-GA

Chix-in-GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Nashville, GA
    Very nice eggs! I wish you the best of luck... [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Did you hatch the 5 EE chicks from her also or did you get chicks from her ??

6. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    Nope - got them from my aunt who got them for a christmas nativity in CHICAGO who cancelled and them rerouted them to me here in Texas. Whew! I then "gave away" 18 of them the other day. Kept 4 pullets and 1 roo, didn't want the roo but he's my twins favorite. The girls asked me the other day when we were "neutering" Romeo .... [​IMG]

7. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Cute !!! Kids can be so funny somtimes !!!

How long did you have to wait for the eggs ??

8. texasbartrambaby

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    I think since November ??? But when I asked to be put on her list she straight told me her girls were on strike. It was fine with me to wait however long. She apologized and sent me an email that they were coming the other day. Nothing to apologize for ... not her fault!

9. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    very nice eggs. i hope you get a good hatch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by